A way to support the businesses is the Passport Card program. Pick one up at a BridgeFest event. A grand prize drawing consisting of a “basket” with an iPad (Generation 10) and gift cards to the local businesses which will be drawn at the end of the 4 week event. To enter the contest BridgeFest attendees need to frequent 4 participating businesses and have their passport stamped. There will be both a QR code driven guide to those participating businesses as well as a paper copy version available. Many of the local businesses will be offering discounts and promotions to the attendees upon showing their passport and those discounts will also be listed via the QR code.
The idea too is to get people excited about Hyde Park! They will hopefully come back and frequent our great businesses and if successful this could be an annual happening in the community!
How It Works:
1) Scan QR code (on the back) for a list of participating businesses that will “stamp” your passport card from July 14th – August 6th. At list of participating business will also be available at BridgeFest and also below.
2) By making a purchase at 4 different participating businesses, you can earn 4 “stamps” to become eligible to win a new iPad and gift certificates from local businesses value over $500.
3) Once you’ve completed collecting 4 “stamps”, drop off your passport at dropbox locations at Las Delicias Colombianas and Talk & Wok.
4) Winner will be contacted after August 7th.
List of participating businesses:
- Boutique 2000 – Offering a free wash ($45) with hair weaving services. google/boutique2000
- Burritos Pizzeria – Providing a large cheese pizza for $9 (regularly $12) and open until 11pm. burritospizza.com
- Complex Hair Design – Offering a 10% discount on any services. google/complexhair
- Glamour Hair Braiding – Providing a $20 discount on services of $60 or more. glamourbraiding.com
- Kzee African Hair Braids/Locs – Offering 25% off total purchase. google/Kzee
- Las Delicias Colombianas – Extending a 10% discount on orders and open until 10pm on Fri & Sat. deliciascolombianashydepark.com
- Le Trap Couture – Offering 10% – 15% off total purchase. letrapcouture.com
- Lovely Nails – Offering a 10% discount on any services. google/lovelynails
- Maria’s Hair Salon – Offering a 25% discount on services of $120 or more. mariashairsalon
- Minuteman Press – Extending a 10% discount on any service. minuteman.com/hyde-park
- Passion Beauty Supply & Salon – Offering a 10% discount on services and a 15% discount on supplies. passion-beauty-supply-and-salon
- Ron’s Ice Cream – Offering $1 off any pre-packaged pint of ice cream, with various flavors available. ronsicecream.com
- Sharps Barbershop – Providing a $5 discount for anything, includes products and services. sharpsbarbershop.com
- S.K. Convenience Store – Various drinks on sale. (Water will be 50 cents during events and does not qualify for a stamp). sk-convenience-store
- Talk & Wok Café – Extending a 10% discount off entire order (except combo plates) and open until 11pm on Fri & Sat. talknwokcafe.com
- Upscale Beauty Salon – 1295 River Street, suite 3. Offering 10% discount on relaxer touch up and 30% discount on full head weave services. By appt. only, call Donna at 857-445-8820.
- Willy Wireless – Providing $10 to $15 discount, depending on the type of service. facebook/willywirelessHydePark
- ZAZ Restaurant – Extending a 10% discount on orders and open until 10pm on Fri & Sat. zazrestaurant.com